Thursday 9 August 2012

The simple things

This morning I changed my routine a bit and walked to work and now that I am at my desk I get to reflect on what really happened.
Walking along the Galloping Goose and the Songhees Walkway I was reminded of just how cool enjoying the simple things in life can be. I wasn't in a great hurry, I took a few moment here and there to smell a flower, and even got smiled at by others who were out doing the same as I was. The sun was shining, there was a cool breeze as I walked along and I was treated to the sight of a few herons in the tidal flats by my place. It was really a nice walk and when it was finished I got to see that I made a reasonable average speed, about 6kph which isn't too bad for being out of shape.
For those of you who have the facilities and abilities to do so, get out and walk a bit. Don't expect to get there fast, don't even have a "must get to point", just go out and enjoy a simple thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment