Wednesday 5 September 2012

I'm Not Dead Yet

Hi, my name is Chivalry.
I would like you all to know that despite the prevalent saying, I am not dead. Not yet anyway.

You can still see me around from time to time and I would like you to know, I am always happy to make an appearance. When someone stands up to let someone else have their seat on the bus, for whatever reason. I love allowing a lady with her arms full of bags and tired kids a chance to sit for a minute. And gentlemen, ladies love it when I show up to open a door for them. Really, they do.

It is never a sign of weakness to stand aside and let me through. It is a strong person who can allow someone else to go through that door first. If someone really really must get through, let them. If they are being rude and thinking they are so important, let them. It makes you the better person.

I love showing up, let me do so. You will make your world just a little bit better when you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment